Privelege Was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 8 16:57:25 PST 2007

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB; So are there no BDSMers who commit rape or domestic violence outside of
> their BDSM relationships ? What are the statistics ?

Nobody here has argued that the BDSM/kinkster communities are free of people who commit rape and domestic violence. In fact, I pointed out in an earlier message that these subcultures/communities are made up of normal people.

> And you are saying that it's all neat and clean , like no other range in a
> human activity. Everybody is just absolutely a cleancut BDSMer who
> meticulously and rigorously doesn't' violate any of the rules, or they are
> an absolute rapist/domestic violator.

Who is saying that it's all neat and clean? Andie?

There is an incredible amount of education and awareness that goes on within these communities. Of course, there are plenty of people who engage in these practices who have little connection with the BDSM/kinkster communities.

> What self-disciplined, strict people these BDSMers are for libertines.
> Are all BDSMers leftists ? Feminists ? None of them are male supremacists ?
> This BDSM is truly amazing stuff. It instills politcal and ethical
> discipline that nothing else seems to be able to do.

Well, they are normal people. Leftists. Christians. Some of the people I know in Kansas City look like they came straight from Sturgis (via a few left, kinky turns in Nebraska).

Chuck