[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 10 08:56:24 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:54 AM, BklynMagus wrote:

> I was merely pointing out that the dynamic of consent in bdsm is
> far different from the dynamic of consent in the area of wage labor.

Yeah. No consent to work = eventual residence on the sidewalk. No consent to BDSM or other sex = possible frustration, or if you're an ascetic, spiritual enlightenment. There are cases, of course, in which economically dependent women cannot consent freely to sex, but the kind of sex is immaterial to that kind of coercive relation.

Doug