[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 12:32:21 PST 2007

BklynMagus wrote:

> Joanna:
>
>"I think there are two good reasons to have sex with someone: 1) you love them and are sexually attracted to them or 2) there is a strong sexual attraction."
>
>For me that is a script. Why do I have to love someone to have sex with them? Or even have a strong sexual attraction? What if I feel like fisting someone and a person feels like being fisted? Do I have to love him to fist him? Be sexually attracted to him? For me that is like saying I have to love someone or be sexually attracted to him to go to the movies with him.

No, it isn't. Film has nothing to do with sex. Would you agree that it makes sense to eat when you're hungry? To say that sexual attraction/love is a precondition for sex is a "script" is like saying that hunger is a "script" for eating.

I mean fist whom you like when you like, but it's absurd to say that eating when hungry is a script.

Joanna