[lbo-talk] Re: Sex and Stuff

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 11 14:24:43 PST 2007

A few things:

1) About fucks/fistings/whippings:

When the desire arises do wiitid (sometimes triggered by a person I see or sometimes out of the ether), the bottom line for me is that the person I am doing it with consents to my actions. I do not have to love them or be sexually attracted to them (hell, sometimes they are bound in latex so I have only the most rudimentary idea of what they look like) in order to play with them.

I am not ridiculing anyone by saying that prerequisites such as love or sexual attraction are elements of scripting. In my view, consent is an element of scripting as well. Maybe everything human beings do has elements of scripting. What varies seems to be the degree to which certain elements are insisted upon: the greater the number of demands, the more scripted it seems (maybe).

For me, a leftist position is to demand that all such encounters insist on informed consent as their first and primary virtue. After that, script as you desire.

2) When the long-aborning egalitarian utopia arrives, bdsm will still be practiced (what kind of self-respecting utopia would lack it?). Floggings will still release endorphins which will still cause human beings to feel pleasure. There will still be differences between people that humans will eroticize. In fact, in this utopia I hope human beings eroticize as many things and interactions as possible. It is only in oppressive societies that erotic expression is deemed appropriate under only a few select circumstances.

3) I do think that this season of LBO DOES KINK has broadcast all of its episdoes. Personally, I think it is the best one we have ever had. Andie was correct when he described my first broaching of this subject as akin to walking into a propellar. But the amount of nuance and humor this season has given me the kind of wonder and pleasure I usually only associate with those occasions when an eager bottom is finally able to take my arm up to the elbow in his rectum. Thank you.

Brian