[lbo-talk] Re: Re: How Bush's speech went down in an Elko NV bar

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 19:47:07 PST 2007

> speech. :-| I agree that "(White) America hates losers, and the Iraq
> war is a loser," but it is also true that "(White) America" itself is
> a loser, so a loser hating losers is neither here nor there.

Really? In fact, honkie america has been the winner of almost all political battles in the US for the past decade or two. The support or opposition of mainstream, culturally soft-conservative, mostly suburban middle america to escalation of war in the middle east is both here and there, for anti-imerialists. Pointing out how fucked up alot of americans are doesn't move them anywhere. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070111/8ac30fdb/attachment.htm>