[lbo-talk] the Hagelian view

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Jan 12 00:16:07 PST 2007

>[the FT often describes him as "the thoughtful" Chuck Hagel - from The Note]

Of course. We graduates of Scotus Central Catholic High School (Columbus, NE) are a thoughtful bunch!

Seriously, hasn't Hagel been consistently better on the war than all the major Democrats? He also seems less interested in engaging in Orientalist grunting about Iraqis' needing to fight and take responsibility for themselves. See, e.g., here <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/24/AR2006112401104.html>.

Will the left support Hagel in 2008?