[lbo-talk] Re: Sex and Stuff

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 12 04:47:55 PST 2007

John A:

> What does consent mean if the person consenting has
been in restraint for an afternoon when the consent is requested?

The consent is requested before the scene starts.

> What does consent mean if the person consenting is two
years into a master-slave relationship?

That they have a much better idea of what they are consneting to.

> What does consent mean if the person consenting has become
physically intimidated by the person requesting the consent?

Such a person could not give informed consent.

> For me, that includes considerably more civilized child-rearing
practices.

But it is still going to happen.

> Anyway, do you think childhood trauma is the source of the desire
to experience erotic humiliation?

For most of the kinksters I know it is.

> I'm trying to bring in the psychological side. There, I think questions
of consent become more meaningful, and the ethics of the practice become more difficult to work through.

At the beginning, but once you get used to the new territory, it is quite simple. Like moving from playing college ball to professional ball.

Brian