[lbo-talk] Labor Party meeting

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Jan 12 08:15:03 PST 2007

Metro Detroit Labor Party

29136 Tessemer Court, Madison Hts., Mi. 48071

Co-Chairs: Al Cholger

Marian Kramer

January 11, 2007

Dear Community/Labor Leader:

It is with utmost pleasure and respect that the Metro Detroit Labor Party invites you to join us with your leadership and analysis regarding the following questions:

1. WHO WILL REPRESENT OUR CLASS?

2. WHAT KIND OF PROGRAM DO WE NEED?

The elections of November 8th replaced republicans with democrats. Both represent the corporate ruling class and continue to pave the way for their profits, while our survival is being devastated. Therefore, we state that the corporations have their two parties and now we must build our own.

While we look toward the 2008 elections, we must understand that the electoral process is only one means to galvanize our class. Our task is to assist our class in developing, embracing and fighting for a program that includes the following:

1. Single Payer Universal Health Care

2. Guaranteed jobs with livable wages

3. Elimination of water and utilities exploitation

4. Affordable housing

5. Elimination of corporate welfare

6. Unity with our undocumented brothers and sisters

It is within this light that we request your presence on SATURDAY, JANUARY 20th, 11 a.m., at Central United Methodist Church, Woodward and Adams, Detroit.

The future is in our hands!

Al Cholger and Marian Kramer, co-chairs

Metro Detroit Labor Party