[lbo-talk] Moderation

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 08:45:06 PST 2007

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>On Jan 12, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>The eve of global war isn't something that happens that often and is
>>deserving, IMO, of more list discussion.
>
>So discuss it, instead of expecting other people to do it for you.

One thing I've learned from a lifetime of working for corporate management is that the secret to success is delegation. Yes, I do expect other LBOers to get off their duffs and do some serious thinking about the Eve of Destruction, which is exactly where we are.

>What should we be thinking about, or doing?

I haven't the faintest idea. That's why I'm so keen on hearing what others have to say. Despite losing a national election and the support of his own party; despite being universally condemned by world opinion; and despite being a lame duck -- George W. Bush rocks on! GWB, the 21st-century Captain Ahab, remains completely unfazed and unimpeded in his determination to set the world on fire.

What the fuck do we do now? I don't know!

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Your Hotmail address already works to sign into Windows Live Messenger! Get it now http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://get.live.com/messenger/overview