Re: [lbo-talk] (Guardian) Comment is free: Should egalitarians support Chávez?

george snedeker snedekerg at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 11:02:45 PST 2007

And what should we do if the kind of "democratic" movements that Michael likes do not exist and the only real alternatives to U. S. domination of Latin America are located in places like Cuba and Venezuela? I'm not sure. I offer this as a question to consider before getting too selfwritchous about democracy. as we all know, democracy exists no where in the world; there are only varying and different forms of tyranny. what is called democracy in the u. S. is really an oligarchic republic, not democracy.