[lbo-talk] The vanden Heuvel Church of the Obvious

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:04:18 PST 2007

I regardless of the content of this video, does anyone else get the feeling of complete and total revulsion when they see one of these video blogs? Something about the whole format-- completely still camera, boring background, a lone individual with no sense of what to do with their body or face; the badly lighted frame and grainy resolution. I find it embarassing and artless and can't understand why this format has become so interesting to people. Why not just audio? Why not--god forbid--typing it out. I don't know that much about the process, but I can't imagine that, once you spend the time processing the video and uploading it you are saving all that much time. I really hope that this fad fades out soon because I really find it repulsive. There is so much more one could do with video bandwidth--and so many other ways to say the useless comments these things usually include.