Re: [lbo-talk] (Guardian) Comment is free: Should egalitarians support Chávez?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Jan 14 03:23:01 PST 2007

What you guys don't understand is that Pug is our very own Sidney Hook, continuing to fight the good fight against the evils of international Communism right here on LBO-Talk. Of course the original Sidney Hook before turning renegade, I mean before seeing the light, had written at least a couple of significant works of Marxist scholarship including, *Towards the Understanding of Karl Marx*, and *From Hegel to Marx*. Pug, as far I know, has never done anything like that, but here in the year 2007 we have to make do with what we got, and if Pug might not seem to measure up to the original Sidney Hook, well he is the best we got.