[lbo-talk] (Guardian) Comment is free: Should egalitarianssupport Ch?vez?

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Sun Jan 14 08:18:13 PST 2007

What I meant was simply that Pug's pointing to soviet collaboration ignores all the triangulation that was going between any number of nations during that time. Further that US did not enter the war until it was itself bombed by the Japanese. My grandfather (the son of a cattle rancher from cali) wanted in the fight from the outset but had to come up to Canada because the yanks were not in it.

> t.fast wrote:
>
> And last time I checked it was not the Nazis that got the Americans
involved
> in WW2. So it seems uncle Joe was not too far away from uncle Sam.
> *****************
>
> I'm not sure what this means. Are you referring to the Soviet-Japanese
> Neutrality Pact of April, 1941 which came about after the defeat of the
> Japanese Kwantung Army by forces of the USSR under the command of Zhukov?
>
> After the Nazi invasion of the USSR in June of '41, Zhukov's forces were
moved
> west to meet the fascist onslaught on Moscow in December. At about the
same
> time the Japanese State felt free to push its expansionist designs in the
> Pacific. Hitler asked his Axis partners not to do this, but they did.
They had