[lbo-talk] Congress could force withdrawal from Iraq

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 16:38:39 PST 2007

Isn't that just a matter of seperation of powers? It's not clear to me that Congress could constitutionally grant itself the power to recall the troups by resolving to do so. The power to make war and conduct foreign policy is expressly vested in the executive, with some advise and consent limitations. But I'm not an expert in this sort of law, far from it. Dan Lazare would probably say this is another Bad Thing about the Constitution.