[lbo-talk] Inorganic Intellectuals and the Mythical Ideal of the Marxist Tradition

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Wed Jan 17 05:27:26 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 06:07:28PM -0500, ravi wrote:
> At around 16/1/07 5:27 pm, Charles Brown wrote:
> > What's the rough definition of an intellectual on this thread ?
> >

> For leftists: As always, "me", isn't it? Anyone smarter is a pomo
> windbag, anyone dumber is lumpen.
>
> For rightists: the meaning of intellectual (with or without the prefix
> "effete") is "leftist".

I would guess that the Neo-Cons like Richard Perle, David Frum, Ken Adelman, etc. consider themselves intellectuals.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

We cannot separate the air that chokes from the air upon which wings beat.

-John Perry Barlow