[lbo-talk] U.S. Strike in Somalia: the failure update

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jan 17 09:09:32 PST 2007

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>The controversial US air strike in southern Somalia
>missed all three top al-Qaeda members Washington
>alleges are hiding out in the country, a senior US
>official said on Thursday.

>Missed all three you say? Imagine that.
>

>Funny how this sort of thing always manages to slip,
>like a rat into a crawl space, right on through the
>conveniently placed cracks in the US' info-structure.

Maybe not funny. It almost seems sometimes that these "strikes" are not about capturing or killing anyone at all, but serve rather as periodic reminders that the U.S. has the right to strike anywhere, any time, for any reason, and with any results.....in its eternal war on terror. As I said when the strike ocurred, these strikes will not happen in the heart of Paris, London, Berlin, etc. because, as we all know, when you indiscriminately kill white people, that's called a "massacre."

Joanna