[lbo-talk] Re: "doing it"

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 09:39:10 PST 2007

Jim Straub wrote:

> In that spirit, I'd also like to remark on something this study
> covered. Specifically, complain: only 16% of women in their twenties
> aren't doing some kind of bush maintenance? That number is so low,
> almost as low as people who still support our prez (a different kind
> of 'bush maintenance'... heh heh he... hey, I'm no ravi, that's as
> funny as I can be over listserve). But seriously, this is a trend
> I've been... uhm... noticing in my own anecdotal experience, and am
> not crazy about.

It's a "cultural" thing? In Turkey, both men and women have been waxing themselves baby-smooth for a long time.

I personally hate the practice and have always liked a full bush.

I'm not sure how to interpret the trend in the U.S. Several possibilities suggest themselves:

1. Colonizing the bush: one more locus of work and money making (depilatories, waxes, etc). 2. Effect of porn industry (which begs the question since porn could choose to focus on hairy crotches.) 3. Jaded palates needing extra spice: the fantasy of raping a child. 4. ???

Joanna