[lbo-talk] Russia's Managed Democracy

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 10:20:36 PST 2007

Politkovkssys did not "narrowly survive a poisoning attempt." She got sick on a plane, was hospitalized for a couple of days and then delared that she had been poisoned. The ethnic composition of Dagestan has little to do with its importance for Russia, this like saying Americans shouldn't be concerned about a bomb blast in South Texas because Latin Americans live there or a hurricane in New Orleans because it is largely populated by Blacks. Raising gas prices to the market level for CIS states has little to do with imperialism and a lot to with it being required for Russian entry to the WTO. It was insisted upon by the EU. I could go on.