[lbo-talk] Cognitive dissonance

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 18 18:29:31 PST 2007

Bill Bartlett wrote:

>Some people don't see things in that way, most people don't
>probably. Most people wouldn't have seen the
>statue of David in that huge block of raw Marble either, and who
>could blame them? But by the same token it would now be perverse to
>accuse Michelangelo of being blind for failing to see just the same
>shapeless chunk of rock that everyone else saw, wouldn't you say?

Good lord. Usually the only advice I give is never take any advice. But since Wojtek asked, I'd suggest you and he take two episodes of the Sopranos and go to bed. Try the one where Tony gets all maudlin about being the sad clown-- laughing on the outside, crying on the inside-- and another that ends with the song "I'm Not Like Anybody Else" playing over the credits.