[lbo-talk] What's the deal with conservatives, economists, and the minimum wage?

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri Jan 19 01:17:15 PST 2007

Calm down, I said they were hired hands who, like scabs, act in accordance with their short-sighted personal interests. I didn't mean to say they *were* scabs, the purpose of the analogy was to highlight the fact that economists don't cease being working class just because they hire themselves out to do the employing class' dirty work, any more than you can say that scabs cease being working class.

I apologise for not making myself very clear. Anyhow, I look forward to merciless criticism of my intended point.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas