[lbo-talk] Rebuke in Iran to Its President on Nuclear Role

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:59:32 PST 2007

> On Jan 19, 2007, at 10:36 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > The bourgeoisie, who couldn't care less about sovereignty, are the
> > weakest link in Iran. -- Yoshie
>
> The economy seems to be going to hell, and your boy's policies
> haven't helped much. And it's not irrational to want to prevent the
> US and/or Israel from bombing the crap out of you.

What's Iran's bourgeoisie's alternative? As we know, the earlier overtures from Tehran during the Khatami era were rebuffed by Washington, and there's nothing that suggests that the White House will be taking a different policy toward Iran than simultaneous intensification of economic sanctions and preparations for missile strikes.

All Iran can and should do is to restructure its economy to better withstand economic sanctions, which have been (thankfully) diluted as much as possible by Moscow and Beijing, and to find Sunni allies in Iraq. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>