[lbo-talk] Benny Morris: the next Holocaust (from Iran)

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Fri Jan 19 11:02:42 PST 2007

Dwayne Monroe wrote:
> How many Israelis, I wonder, share Morris' apocalyptic
> notions?

Hi, Sorry I double posted Morris' piece...didn't notice Doug had already.

But, yah...I would say that many Israelis share his fears...and why not when we are being primed like you wouldn't believe here (tv, radio, articles, statements by gov. officials, documentaries on cable, columns, etc.). From all this smoke, it seems, at least for the moment and minus some drastic change in circumstances, there will be an almost inevitable eventual military strike by the Israeli military on Iranian targets...

The hype is just so high here, it is amazing...

Who knows in the end what will happen though (there are so many contingencies), but I have my dreaded feelings about some sort of 56' Sinai War repeat, where the deal is that Israel goes in and initiates an attack on Iran, with an inevitable Iranian retaliation...at which point the US will be 'forced' to come into the fray.