[lbo-talk] Hizballah, Iran, and Iraq

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 07:17:28 PST 2007

Hizballah and Tehran must -- MUST! -- drop Maliki and Hakim, for the love of God. Even Maliki himself admits that people are saying that his government is moribund. -- Yoshie

<http://angryarab.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-have-not-had-chance-to-watch-entire.html> Friday, January 19, 2007 I have not had a chance to watch the entire interview with Hasan Nasrallah on Manar TV. I saw the section on Iraq, and thought that his comments about Maliki were woefully inadequte. He could not offer criticisms or denunciations of Maliki, and politely urged him to expose the role of the US in the execution of Saddam. This is like asking the puppet to expose the puppeteer. And while it was good that he refuted the Saudi-peddled sectarian arguments about Iraq, the party can't have it both ways: maintaining a cover of support and legitimization of the Shi`ite militias which were installed by the occupation authority, while hoping to win over Sunni support on the Iraqi question.

<http://www.corriere.it/Primo_Piano/Esteri/2007/01_Gennaio/18/cremonesi.shtml> Al Maliki: «Dicono che il mio governo è moribondo? Così la Rice aiuta i terroristi»

-- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>