[lbo-talk] Nepal gays and Maoists/Marxist Approach

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sat Jan 20 08:25:53 PST 2007

EverYoung Global Intellectual Enterprises wrote:

> Dear Comrades!

Da, tovarisch!

> ...Or is the problem unique to the human beings?

> Is it a natural bestowing or is it a problem?

> Is it a fashion, and does it have anything to do

> with the fashion, and the psyche of being fashionable?

> If it is a problem, an abberation, is it right to pass

> it as a natural phenomenon? Or should a cure be

> invented for the disease just as a cure needs to be

> invented for every disease?

> (etc., etc.)

Humans do not live "natural" lives by definition, "natural" meaning "as opposed to what is done by human contrivance." The thousand and one wholly unnatural things humans do, gather, manufacture, possess - agriculture, alphabets, appendectomies, refined metal, theatre, antibiotics, sanitary sewers, clothing, bread, beer, electronic mail - clearly, none of these man-made things is a "natural bestowing," so by your opposition they must all be "problems" or "diseases" instead, wanting as all "diseases" do a cure or final solution.

Well you can go ahead and try to ban email if you want, I guess that's not such a big deal. But if you try to mess with my sanitary sewers I'm going to fight you.

And I've got to set you straight on one thing where you're obviously crazy-wrong: the natural function of sex is _not_ procreation. The natural function of sex is _pleasure_.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net