Purer Than Thou (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated in madrassa')

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 10:00:05 PST 2007

Yoshie makes the best point here... The current situation allows for the bourgeois electoral system to be used as a protracted propaganda mechanism: prolong the electoral debate to mollify dissent about the rigged system itself. Certainly needed after the last two elections!

I would also point out, on reading the current entries on this thread, that it is illogical to use the bourgeois electoral system as a paradigm by which to criticize efforts not sheerly focused on pragmatism within the system. It's akin to criticizing American Indians for being syphilitic...

--adx Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

On 1/21/07, queer dewd formerly known as ( ) wrote:
> So, we have a new record. Previously, we started this debate 11 months
> before the presidential elections. This cycle, what?, 22 months prior? I
> ran out of toes. :)

A good point. Maybe the single accomplishment of those whom Max called "the Internet Left" (as opposed to leftists who use the Net) is to make election seasons longer, so much so that we all, willy-nilly, become cogs in a perpetual electoral motion machine. -- Yoshie