[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 22 14:44:13 PST 2007

Ravi, you start with a bogus opposition between purists and netroots, the former largely adherents of the Church of Marx. Max would not score high on any tests of Marxist purity; he's always struck me as a serious yet pragmatic guy who works in DC, fer Chrissake. And netroots - what are they (and you name Kos and MyDD, both of which prominently feature love letters to Nancy Pelosi) but a new constituency for fairly conventional Dem politics, with little in the way of politics or analysis (unless you consider this from MyDD an analysis: "I find the horserace among Clinton, Edwards and Obama so scrambled right now that I couldn't possibly rank their relative chances to win the nomination with any comfort at all")? I can already hear the vacuum cleaners revving up.

Doug