[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 23 07:03:09 PST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 10:51 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Yeah, I hear ya. I can't be bothered with how they are made and
> sold, I just want my Nike shoes to gleem when I wear them to the
> mall. Thank Dog I got that big screen TV (easily fit into my SUV)
> in time to see the kewl commercials that break up that stupid
> football game this weekend.
>
>> Does it ever occur to people who take positions like this that
>> most computer users have neither the time nor the inclination to
>> get so deeply into things?
>
> Barbie says: politics and economic are *hard* ...!

Political economy affects all of us, in scads of ways. If we want to be less alienated, anxious, and exposed to the risk of climate catastrophe, it would help to learn something about it. This is supposed to be democratic, self-governing society, right? I don't see how there would be similar social benefits from the masses learning Unix line commands.

Doug