[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 23 15:24:04 PST 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 6:11 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> Oh, so communism requires consumers to do more work.
>
> No, communism requires more than just children and out of work
> sociopaths to produce the gleeming beauty :-)

yeah, that's another point - I'm not convinced that the free software thing is really that serious an alternative economic model - it involves lots of free riding on the resources of parents and employers, no? - how, can the free exchange of code deal with a world where we still have to use cash money to eat and secure shelter?