[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 16:09:33 PST 2007

That's what my grandmother said -- the Hell part. She had acquaintances/friends whose older sisters died in the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire.

One time in practice during the Northwest strike I was stuck with the partner on the case and a senior associate in Detroit. Our United plane looked like it might not fly, mechanical problems, and one of the other lawyers said, well, we can take the Northwest flight back. You can, I said, not me. What do you mean, they said? Strike, picket line, I said; I don't cross picket lines. Oh, they said. They seemed to think this was quaint and amusing.

Also, apart from anything else, never mind solidarity, ethics, justice -- my sister the Carpenters' Union organizer would break my kneecaps.