Books on FOSS (was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou)

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Jan 24 10:58:16 PST 2007

At 01:44 PM 1/24/2007, Andy F wrote:
>On 1/24/07, bitch at pulpculture.org <bitch at pulpculture.org> wrote:
>
>>This is basically why I laugh at you guys. Ordinary working people have
>>done this crap for years in another field. When you drive by their homes,
>>though, you tend to mutter: "white trash".
>
>You sound like you've been spending too much time with IT consultants.
>Real Geeks (TM) make their own machine tools.
>
><http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/series/index.html>

he and i are real geeks. I find the condescension from you assholes truly hilarious. it never fucking fails that you -- almost every single one of you -- has assumed I couldn't possibly know tech. And then you've assumed that HE couldn't possibly know it fro his hobbies.

Assholes.

Why the fuck is it that you missed this, I'll never know. We build our own machines, too, run our own server, build whatever it is we need, etc. WITH computing technologies. The point, which you missed, is that because you guys like doing it, you think everyone should. no one in another industry, because they like building their own parts, ever expects anyone to fix their own microwave or hack an AC compressor into something else.

next.......

fucking asshole men. the last time I decided oto hit up a forum for help with a MySQL problem, got called a guy there, too. Here, of course, I couldn't possibly be a geek because -- what? I'm a girl.

Just fuck off.

Oh! Because I don't toe the party line.

JUst seriously fuck off.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org