[lbo-talk] Erasure and/or devaluation of Labor in FOSS rhetoric (Re:Purer Than Thou)

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 18:14:09 PST 2007

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> Has anyone translated his work?

No, not that I am aware of. I want to translate an article that she wrote for Prokla on "property in a digital world."

Her book, Copyright & Copyriot, looks to be a real treat, because it has a great big middle section titled "The Historical Specificity of Bourgeois Property." Much of her examination of the assumptions of the FOSS community, whether the free software idealists or the open source pragmatists, is that neither has a well-developed concept of property.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the aforementioned article to be translated, because I still owe Yoshie a translation on state theory which I haven't even begun, and then for my blog I will translating various contributions to the currently heating up debate in the extra-parliamentary milieu concerning the upcoming summit protests in Heiligendamm (whether to participate or not).

But I have had a bad cold the past week and a persistent bad cough since then, so I have been spending my time with comic books and DVDs, and the reading I have been doing previously was interrupted.

But fear not, my online mission to provide the finest of Central Europe's Marxian critique to an English-speaking audience will resume once my upper-respiratory tract has improved. :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________ Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Yahoo! Search weather shortcut. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#loc_weather