[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 24 23:15:33 PST 2007

> Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org wrote:
> > The tone of this discussion and its pissing on the
> > free software movement
> > reminds me of how the Left is so skilled at
> > snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Maybe you're assuming that you're speaking with (consistent) leftists? You might've noticed that some of us essentially aim at being the right wing of an alternative to capitalism. ;) Your interests may not be aligned...

On 1/25/07, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You mentioned that you are writing an article on these
> topics. Do we have to wait for the article before we
> get to see what your arguments are, or can we have a
> taste of your arguments on this list?

He is an anarchist. Presumably he'll analyze it in terms of common anarchist concepts, such as self-management, voluntary association, cross-border cooperation, etc. One really good bonus is a huge "paper" trail of public communication, across projects of all sizes, so we can see the many interesting structures which form.

Testimonials of nation-states and corporations should come in handy. It is hard to ignore its efficiences and competitiveness.

Tayssir