[lbo-talk] INS does more union-busting

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jan 26 18:53:20 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> An immigration raid at a huge North Carolina pork-packing plant
> provoked protests yesterday from union officials, who said the company,
> Smithfield Foods, had collaborated with the authorities searching for
> illegal immigrants to discourage its workers from organizing.

I once had a blind date with a union organizer who was working on the Smithfield campaign. That's the first time, and hopefully the last time, a date tried to talk me into salting at a meat-packing plant.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/