[lbo-talk] Groups Head to Capital to Step Up Antiwar Drive

Andy esquincle at capital.net
Sat Jan 27 07:42:48 PST 2007

Here in upstate NY -- Last Sunday we had a press conference with the local Congressman (McNulty), 15 peace groups, the AFL-CIO Area Labor Federation and also representatives of 1199, to announce our contingent to the protest. The congressman called for US withdrawal from Iraq to begin immediately -- and said to the peace movement "you were right, I was wrong," referring to his early support for the war. The event made all the local front pages and all the TV and radio news.

We filled 2 buses from Albany very quickly-- and scrambled to find more -- since they were full before the press conference.

Word from Syracuse and Pittsfield and New Paltz -- several buses each.

Solidarity vigils and demonstrations locally today in Kingston, Saratoga and Chatham.

I agree that today will be a respectable turnout.

http://www.bethlehemforpeace.org/

andy