[lbo-talk] A Liberal Blogger Watches the Antiwar Rally on C-SPAN

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:08:18 PST 2007

On 1/27/07, mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://americablog.blogspot.com/2007/01/im-watching-some-idiot-on-c-span.html
>
> "Joe and I are heading down to the peace rally in an
> hour, to take photos, etc. And I'm watching it on
> C-Span right now, and I'm asking myself - though I'm
> not surprised - why is some woman from the "US
> Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation" speaking? And
> why is she speaking, ad naseum, about the "Israeli
> occupation of Palestine" rather than speaking about
> the war in Iraq? She gave 10% of her speech to Iraq
> and spent the rest of the time railing against Israel?
>
> First off, wrong topic.
>
> Second off, way to alienate most Jews in America, a
> rather influential group of people we could use as
> allies.

The bipartisan Iraq Study Group links the Iraq War to the Israeli occupation and says it's time to rein in Tel Aviv, a Jewish billionaire (concerned that Tel Aviv's policy is helping increase anti-Semitism) is seeking to build a liberal counterweight to the AIPAC, and the former President of the United States decries apartheid that the Israeli occupation is, _and_ this "liberal" blogger can't stand one anti-war speaker from the most sensible -- and moderate -- coalition among all that are working to end the Israeli occupation, a coalition that includes Jewish groups (see <http://endtheoccupation.org/groups.php>) and that has been led by a well known and respected Jewish woman intellectual?

Why is this "liberal" blogger to the right of the saner voices (admittedly still only a few, but increasing in number) from _the ruling class_? -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>