[lbo-talk] Help!!!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 21:24:26 PST 2007

Far as I can see the only possible downsides to to using these blurbs are:

1) some of your names (Ehrenreich?) might, possibly, alienate some conservative interviewer, hiring committee, etc, but I doubt it, since you don't have blurbs from Marx, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Ladin, and other socially unacceptable types. Ehrenreich is a Best Selling Author, so OK.

2) More important is whether you have the blurb writers' OK to use these communications. If they were posted for publication, hey, they're public. If they are private communications, you may risk alienating the blurb writers if they discover your use of these communications and object. I can't imagine that this would affect your interview or job chances unless (very unlikely) the hiring people called for verification as and the blurb writer blew a gasket. They're more likely to be interested in whether you test positive for drugs, have a criminal record, or edit a scurrilous, sex-saturated radical blog.

Knock 'em dead. Break a leg! We're all pulling for you.