[lbo-talk] Cole: Iranian public very friendly towards US

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 30 09:36:31 PST 2007

[the first part of this is not what we've been hearing from Cde Yoshie]

<http://juancole.com/>

Well, the Iranian public is very pro-American, and it's one of the few publics in the Middle East, I think, that would reform, if it could, in a way that was friendly to U.S. interests. If the United States goes into a frontal confrontation with Iran, however, it will push the Iranian public away. The Iranians are very nationalistic and they don't want to be dominated by the U.S.