[lbo-talk] "Manipulating the strategic oil reserve?"

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jan 31 07:52:27 PST 2007

Joanna quoted:

we've had talk about oil prices...here's another theory. -----------------

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/30 /EDGCCNR5HA1.DTL

Manipulating the strategic oil reserve? <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/3 0/EDGCCNR5HA1.DTL>

- Thomas I. Palley Tuesday, January 30, 2007

[WS:] I did post that conjecture to this list a few months ago, but nobody followed it. But then, so what, who is going to do anything about it?

This reminds me of a Solidarnosc era cartoon in a Polish newspaper. A party apparatchik confronts an angry mob of workers and says "As a matter of fact, I am responsible for all that mess. And what are you going to do about it?"

Wojtek