[lbo-talk] more on the psychology of money

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 1 07:01:49 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 7:51 PM, boddi satva wrote:

> Surely you're not suggesting that the rattling and stacking of gold
> coins is the same exercise as modern finance?

Nope. But why did Steve Schwarzman need another $2 billion from the Blackstone IPO? He already had $4 billion, and lunched regularly on $400 stone crabs. Why the need for more? Always more?

Schwarzman's need for more is shaped by American capitalism, for sure, but his need for more - every deal Blackstone has done has affected the lives of many thousands of people - shapes the world we live in too.

Doug