[lbo-talk] Bakunin on Marx

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 1 14:09:40 PDT 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote: Can we
> please bring this discussion into the 21st century?
> (Aside from acknowledging that Stalinism is dead as
> doornail and anarchism as a movement that might look
> like more than a source of activist demos has been
> gone for three generations?

Sure. I'm tired of the old debates like everybody else.

Stalinism is pretty much dead, except perhaps for the neo-Stalinists at the Workers World Party. I'm not sure if being called a "Stalinist" is even an insult any more.

But there are lots of Marxists out there who still worship any kind of leftist regime. You just won't hear anything critical coming out of them about Chavez, Castro, and the others. If you dare to criticize somebody like Chavez, you get called a stooge of the U.S. government. It get's pretty ridiculous.

What really annoys me these days are what I call the "radical liberals." Perhaps most of you don't notice these folks because there is more of a radical left where you live, but they are thick around here. These people are progressives and liberals who are mad at the Bush regime and who've created this critique of the system which just refuses to go more radical. The worst of them are the ones who are into the 9/11 conspiracy theories. The milder variety will vent about the Bush administration, stolen elections, and "corpocracy," their critique of American capitalism which refuse to go in the anti-capitalist direction.

Babbling on a Sunday afternoon...

Chuck