[lbo-talk] Doug & Liz to go on a boat ride

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 2 07:27:03 PDT 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 1:58 PM, farmelantj at juno.com wrote:

> I noticed in the latest issue of the Nation, an ad for the annual
> Nation cruise. This time featuring Doug & Liz

Not to be a pedant or anything but it's Liza.

> as among the featured
> Nation writers to be on the cruise. Given the fact that it was on
> such
> a cruise that Alex Cockburn met that scientist who convinced him that
> global warming is a bog hoax, can we expect more such hijinx with Doug
> Henwood? And will Ivan be coming along too?

Yes Ivan will be coming. Ivan owes his very existence to The Nation, since Liza & I met through the magazine, and had our first conversation at the launch party for Komar & Melamid's Paint by Numbers, which was edited by former Nation managing editor JoAnn Wypijewski.

Maybe we'll meet some old Stalinists who'll convince us that Uncle Joe was a pretty good guy after all!

Doug