[lbo-talk] Lieberman still a hawk

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:30:05 PDT 2007

Doug quotes an ABC news note:

> Republicans may be abandoning
> President Bush on the war, but Sen.
> Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., is sticking
> with the president's strategy -- and
> sounding more combative than Bush
> himself these days. "You might say
> that, in Iraq, we've got the enemy on the
> run, but for some reason, in Washington,
> a lot of politicians are on the run to order
> a retreat by our troops even as they are
> beginning to succeed," Lieberman told
> ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This
> Week" yesterday. He also said -- surprise
> -- that he's not necessarily supporting a
> Democrat in 2008. "I would say that
> Democratic candidates, in the larger
> questions of American security, have been
> disappointing."

Why is this asshole given *so much* airtime on the networks and space in newspapers and weekly magazines? Of course, I imagine, it must be because this guy represents a view strongly held among large media interests. And I'm not talking about Murdoch here, but the supposedly "more balanced" sector. I wonder if anybody knows more about the connections this gasbag has.