[lbo-talk] Growth

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 2 16:25:11 PDT 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:00 PM, ravi wrote:

> On 2 Jul, 2007, at 18:47 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>> It is far from impossible that we could get forms of energy that
>> pollute little or not at all, which would entirely change the
>> picture.
>>

> I am curious: what gives you the above belief/hope/suspicion?

A naive faith in scientific progress? Because Gar Lipow says so?

I just get suspicious when people say something is inevitable. Maybe it won't happen, and maybe the neo-Malthusians are right. But I think one should stay open to the strong possibility that they're just as wrong as the old Parson was.

Doug