[lbo-talk] Hipsterville

chuck at mutualaid.org chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jul 3 13:54:20 PDT 2007

I hate to reveal how I'm spending my afternoon, but TV Land is currently showing an episode of "The Munsters" from 1965 titled "Far Out Munsters." In the episode, a band which sounds like the Monkees takes over the mansion and the Munster family relocates to a hotel. The band holds a party which is attended by hipsters and beatniks. The family hates the hotel and comes back to the house where they discover the party in progress. During most Munsters episodes, "normal" people are scared away from the house by the very sight of the family, especially Herman Munster. In this episode, the hipsters think the family is cool and everybody hangs out.

Chuck "called Hermann Munster on the playground"