[lbo-talk] Alfre Woodard ( Growth)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jul 4 12:45:41 PDT 2007

Here's a picture of Alfre Woodard ( I spelled her first name wrong).

Charles

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005569/

^^^^^

Michael Smith

> my
> impression was that she liked having Jolie play her.

Well, who wouldn't?

^^^^^^ CB: Many of the very beautiful, darkskinned, African featured people I know and see don't look much like Angelina Jolie (even with the makeup changes mentioned). Some of them probably would not like to have Jolie, a "white girl", play themselves in a movie.

Only stars in Hollywood I can think of who are close in looks to them would be Whoopie Goldberg or Alfie Woodard, although I don't watch too many movies. There are few to no Hollywood stars like the African beauties who live in large numbers in Detroit.

To me Whoopie Goldberg or Woodard (or their type) are as good looking as Angelina Jolie. Jolie is not a universal beauty type. It is possible to retrain yourself to divest of the white beauty standards instilled in us by American culture. Helps if one lives in Detroit. Black is beautiful!