[lbo-talk] Miliband gossip

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 6 05:21:18 PDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 7:53 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> And the black bra and no knickers does sound rather fetching,
> actually
> -- doesn't it?

Thoroughly. Hard to argue with, really.

I met David M years ago when his brother Edward - then universally known as "Eddie" - was a Nation intern. David seemed like an slick & ambitious centrist even in those days, a sharp contrast with Eddie, who was more radical, a bit neurotically tortured, and quite charming. Eddie stayed in New York for a year or so after his internship, and I used to hang out with him some. My first wife took an exercise class with their mother's sister, who hooked me up with Verso through Ellen Wood. That's how I came to write Wall Street. Ellen asked if I could write a book "on how awful capitalism is." I concocted Wall Street with Verso's then-editor, Colin Robinson. Eddie worked for Gordon Brown at the Treasury, and now has some job with the cabinet.

Doug