[lbo-talk] Miliband gossip

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 05:31:37 PDT 2007

I interviewed Miliband a while ago. He seemed very likeable, and quite smart. It was mostly about housing, so probably not so interesting here. It was around the time of the New Orleans floods, and he said in an aside that the violence in the stadium showed that the US had failed to create a robust civil society. I said that I thought the reports of roaming gangs in the British press would turn out to be scaremongering, and I remember he looked surprised at that.

I didn't have to wear a black bra and no knickers for the interview.