[lbo-talk] 300 Pounds of Joy (Was Re: 4 July - Help me Think)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 6 09:30:47 PDT 2007

Andy F wrote:

> A fun experiment to make is to go into a magazine stand and compare
> photos of women between magazines aimed at men and those aimed a
> women.

Possibly this is one matter that vulgar marxism will explain. The Womens' magazines have always emphasized "new" weight-loss programs; it's very nearly the bread-&-butter issue that draws readers & hence advertisers. Anyone know anything about the economics of Good Housekeeping or Womens' Day?

Carrol