[lbo-talk] 300 Pounds of Joy (Was Re: 4 July - Help me Think)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 12:34:25 PDT 2007

But it is that easy, except for the people who are congenitally obese or who may have certain viruses (as reported in, I think, the NYT Mag a few months back). I don't know what proportion of the population that is, but surely it is not as high as the proportion of people who want to lose weight or even who are overweight.

Only, it's not really easy. It's just simple. Simple isn't necessarily easy. Just like (he said, procrastinating) if you want to write, you have to sit down in front of the keyboard and start hammering. Or if you want to quit smoking "all" you have to do is not light up any more.

It's not some sort of moral failing if you don't do the simple thing, but it is a simple thing. If not an easy one.