[lbo-talk] The Impeachment movement gets a second wind

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 19:07:47 PDT 2007

True enough, Doug. But an impeachment trial tends to leave more of a permanent impression on the public mind, and be a better learning experience. Of course, that depends on what the bill of particulars is.

At least, I'd rather see a good impeachment shoot-out than any more just-for-show attempts to cut off funding. And I think we could relax about any attacks on Iran, if there were an impeachment going on.

On the other hand, where are the Democratic votes going to come from? As far as I remember, Kucinich's bill has only got eleven or so votes so far.

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

On Jul 6, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> I got the impression that the general sense of the list (and
> certainly of
> the list-Mom) was that the earlier movement was a quixotic drain of
> energy. So I was curious -- is there more enthusiasm for this second
> wave?

Not me. Why bother? They'll be gone soon enough, to be almost certainly replaced by bourgeois tools.